going to school on a holiday

Going to school in a holiday is an adventure , isn't it?

The corridors which filled with children's laughter were  totally empty. It was exciting for a moment as there no one and no rules and i could do whatever my heart said. 
After a few minutes it hit me! "How would I go home??" 
I went  downstairs and found someone and asked for their phone. In the 7 minutes of the call i could do nothing but stand their embarrassed about being scolded

After the seven minutes my father started sympathising me as there was absolutely no one neither  in the school nor in the convent as all the teachers were on a holiday and all the sisters had went out.  My father said that he couldn't come in less than 30 minutes and i realised what  was i going to do for  the next 30 minutes.

For the next 5 minutes i started doing my homework and being totally an obedient student but then I  wasn't going to get a day like this. And i decided to discover my school more as we don't hve time to roam around it because of the busy schedule.

As i roamed outside  the convent garden i heard something bark.I followed the sounds and found them! No one has  any idea about our school having 3 dogs!!! One was labrador and rest of two were fully grown, beautiful and shiny German shepherd. At that moment I fell in love with Lucy one of the German shepherd who was calm and composed, expressive eyes which told me to  watch my steps, and had features of a sheer lady. 

I then found that we had 4 aquariums in the whole convent and in the school. The fishes were all shiny and beautiful. As i was playing with them by putting my one thumb on the glass frame,There! Someone again started shouting." Put your hand away kid" " what are u thinking ?"
And there came sister malvis. One of the oldest sisters in the convent and who had been my mother's principal. Once she came closer to me and my face was visible she immediately softened and kindly told me to put my hand away. She asked me about what was I doing on a. Holiday in the school.. and i recited the entire tale. She laughed it off and only said " Ahh silly girl" " have u eaten anything?" 
"No sister" 
"I forgot my lunch as i was in a hurry" 
She invited me to the convent and i was hesitant at first 
But went along.She served me a plate and just 4 minutes into the delicious aloo and Paratha. The watchman bhaiya came running to call me that my father had arrived.

I regretted calling him so soon. I could hve spent so much time with sister who was so alone and could have discovered my school more but as said " there's always a next time" 
That day i came home thinking to visit sister Malvis often and come see the flora and the fauna and especially Lucy more often. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the missile man

how time changes us